Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 12, 2010

My family(3)

(cousins Ying, Dan, Lin, Yu, Aunt Yun and Grandma)
 
As you can see in this photo, we have a big female present in my family. My grandma has two daughter and two son, but in my generation, I being the oldest, have lead a trend of "XX"... Seven in total, my mum and two uncle all have two daughter respectively, and my aunt has one.

My grandma(mum's mum) is nice, so you can see she got a big smile in the photo. But it is not always the case. According to the tradition, people favor sons over daughters a lot. Like my dad's mum was not quite OK when my mum had my sister and me. I don't know how ugly the fight was, but my sister was almost sent away to a nowhere...

China has been an agriculture dominant society for a long time. Society and family need labor to handle the field work and hunting and heavy work. So I try not to judge what my grandma has done, and anyway, she knew my mum's goodness in the end, that is good enough for me.

Now in China, the idea of boys better than girls still exist. Lot of people still find a way to bypass the one Child policy to get a boy, but generally, people has made a big progress to realize boys and girls are equal. Women have gain more opportunity in the business world, in Politics and many other areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment