Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Have a COST-Efficiency Spring Break

It is almost impossible to book a ticket now to anywhere from Des Moines. Four figure round-trip tickets are beyond almost a normal student's budget. However, we can still have a wonderful spring break in a cost-effective way.

Tip 1: if you have a car, search tickets  from some nearby city like Omaha or Kansas City, even Chicago which mostly likely to have the cheapest tickets. I know it is a long drive, but who says we cannot add these cities to our destinations and enjoy something fun, like museums or Chicago-Pizza...

Tip 2: Des Moines is a wonderful places with so many hidden secrets. For most of the international students, I grantee that you miss a lot of great places. How many of you have heard of Salisbury House & Gardens? I don't even know this place until the director of the Salisbury was invited to our class as a guest speaker. We passed the sign said Salibury House & Garden every time through E I235, now I noticed, it is right there, 10-minute drive from Drake. It is a beautiful place since spring has shown its footsteps.

Tip 3: Time to contribute. You know you always have a lot of excuses to avoid volunteer work or someway to give back to the community. Now it is a good time. I am always a tea drinker and passionate about sharing the tea with people. I saw an annual event --Tea in the castle held in Salisbury when I was browsing its website. So I contacted the volunteer center there, that is what I will do these spring break. There are all kinds of opportunities out there you can help. All those emails you ignored from volunteer fair, they still need you, and they have a big heart to accept your sudden presence and absence. Just Do It! I love this logo.

I will keep posted when I think of more tips... or you can share yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment